Jogging is considered to be one of the best ways to burn mega calories fast, but overtime this type of workout can wreak havoc on your joints, bones and cause varicose veins. So I’ve been on a mission to find other ways to workout that burn even more calories than jogging; here’s 6 of them with all calorie calculations based on a 125 pound woman.
- Swimming has been considered to be one of the best ways to workout not only because it burns calories but it doesn’t put any negative pressure on your body. But how many calories do you actually burn swimming? Well, the breathstroke burns about 580 calories per hour, the backstroke 550 and the butterfly over 700 at a moderate to vigorous pace.
- Biking, whether it be stationary or out in nature burns an average of 400+ calories per hour, depending on your speed and resistance of course. A workout that burns that many calories without putting pressure on your joints all while sitting down is one that that everyone should do.
- Jumping rope was always considered to be a fantastic way to burn calories, but who would have thought that could be over 600 calories an hour at a decent pace? The goal should be about 100 jumps per minute to get the most out of this workout.
- Dancing is so fun especially when it’s to your favorite music. Put on your IPod and dance away more than 400 calories per hour!
- Rock climbing takes concentration and builds amazing strength while burning over 450 calories per hour on your way up the rocks and more than 280 calories per hour as you head down. Maybe signing up for one of those indoor climbing adventures isn’t a bad idea.
- Kickboxing is the bomb and burns mega calories with most classes burning more than 500 calories. One of my favorites mostly because it fits into any busy schedule is Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fastfix, check it out here.
Recommended by Skinny Healthy Girl: