Let’s face it, eating healthy requires some thought and planning, otherwise you’ll consume whatever is around when you’re hungry and that usually leads to unhealthy choices. Going out for lunch at work is not only costly, it also leads to weight gain since you’re unaware of ingredients and preparation. Taking a moment to plan a list for the grocery store each week so that you can make healthy meals to bring to work for lunch; some even playing 2 parts as dinner the next before only leads to good things.
Here are 8 healthy delicious lunch ideas to to pack up for work.
1. Hummus vegetable sandwich couldn’t be easier and when you make this chickpea sensation at home, you’ll know exactly what you’re eating, only goodness. Choose a whole grain bread or pita and pack on the veges like leafy green, avocado, onions, cucumber, whatever you like. Learn how to make your own hummus here.
2. Greek chickpea salad is one of my FAVORITE healthy lunches, so easy to pack up, no prep needed before eating, learn more and how to make it here.
3. Black bean dip with whole grain pita chips is also just another way of saying vegetarian chili in a way because it’s jam-packed with beans and vegetables that will not only keep you feeling fuller longer but will also nourish your body with endless vitamins. Learn how to make it here.
4. Grilled chicken salad rollup with mixed greens and guacomole will not only keep you full until dinner, it’s absolutely delicious. Each week buy a package of chicken tenders, salt and pepper them and grill them up, use in everything including this salad. Just chop up 2 or 3 tenders, add a teaspoon of low fat mayo, a little celery, onion, whatever you like, lay out 1/2 avocado atop a handful of mixed green on a whole grain healthy rollup and you’ve got the best lunch ever.
5. Grilled chicken mixed green salad is just another way to use that chicken you made earlier in the week, full of low fat protein, so very healthy for you and when you add every vegetable you love with mixed greens, you couldn’t choose a better lunch choice. Dressing? Learn how to make a healthy dressing at home that you can pack up and bring with you to work here.
6. Whole grain shrimp “fried” rice is another terrific leftover dinner choice to take for lunch the next day. Use whole grain rice to feel fuller longer while also keeping your colon healthy. Add all of your favorite vegetables, brocolli is one of mine, and mix together with a little extra virgin olive oil.
7. Quinoa with vegetables is a perfect dinner choice that enables you to easily pack up the leftovers for lunch the next day. You don’t even need to warm it up because it’s delicious cold too! Quinoa has become available in almost every grocery store, buy a few boxes, cook them up, it only takes 14 minutes, then add in your favorite proteins like grilled shrimp or chicken, avocado and beans. Stir in green veges, like asparagus, and it’s the perfect healthy meal!
8. Hard-boiled egg avacodo sandwich. Yum! Make a half dozen hard boiled eggs, learn how here, cut up a couple or all of them so that you have lunch for a few days, add a teaspoon of low fat mayo, salt, pepper, tomatoes, onion, celery, whatever you like. Put the eggs and 1/2 avacodo on a whole grain healthy bread of your choice and you won’t be hungry again until dinner.
Recommended by Skinny Healthy Girl