You’ll never the eat store-bought version again after trying this healthy homemade coleslaw recipe that will knock your socks off. Coleslaw is made up of really healthy ingredients for the most part, both carrots and green cabbage are antioxidants and jam-packed with vitamin C, but it’s the what binds everything together that can make it fattening. That’s not the case with my version, it’s not only a healthier choice, it’s absolutely delicious.
Mix the sauce ingredients together first:
- 1 cup reduced fat mayo (Hellmans is my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
Add each ingredient below, mixing into the sauce one at time:
- 1 small head of green cabbage (chopped into thin slices)
- 4 medium sized carrots (grated)
- 3 stalks of celery (chopped finely)
- Optional: 1/4 red onion (chopped finely)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
Simply combine everything together and let sit in the frig for a few hours to allow all the flavors to come together and serve with anything and everything, so very delicious.
Recommended by Skinny Healthy Girl: