What makes a workout DVD one of the best? There are 3 rules. It must be continuously challenging, extremely effective with immediate results and of course, fun so it keeps your attention and you look forward to doing it over and over again.
Over the past 26 years I have bought workout DVD’s that I knew were a waste of money as soon as I put them into the DVD player. Don’t make the same mistake, no matter what your exercise interest might be, the following 10 workout DVD’s are the best because there’s something for everyone. Perfect for gift-giving too!
- The Ballet Physique is still unknown to many but I am spreading the word because this workout will give you the body of a dancer through moves more effective than any machine at the gym. Check it out here.
- Kickbox Fastfix is exactly that! Jillian Michaels put together three 20-minute cardio-blasting kickbox workouts focusing on different areas of the body that will enable you to burn fat while sculpting your body at the same time. Check it out here.
- Yoga for Strength and Flexibility is one of my absolute favorite yoga workouts. The DVD offers two 30-minute sequences; I especially like the strength portion as it works your body from head to toe while calming your mind like no other routine. Check it out here.
- Extreme Shed and Shred offers two 45-minute kick-butt circuit training workouts that include everything from weight training, kickboxing, yoga and Jiu-Jitsu to blast the fat off of your body. Check it out here.
- Yogalosophy has been Jennifer Aniston’s go-to workout for over a decade. Her personal trainer put together a workout that consists of traditional yoga poses combined with sculpting exercises that really chisel the body. Check it out here.
- Ripped in 30 offers four 24-minute interval workouts each with three sets that include 3-minutes of strength, 2-minutes of cardio and 1-minute of abs. Learn more about Ripped here.
- Skinnygirl Workout is a serious yoga routine with a little humor from Bethenny Frankel added in. She works alongside NYC yoga instructor Mike McArdle and offers 3 different workout options to fit your busy life. Learn more here.
- Yoga Inferno is quite different from all the rest because it takes you through difficult yoga sequences mixed up with cardio to keep your heartbeat enabling you to burn fat faster. Check it out here.
- Power Circuit Training gives you the option of doing the full 45-minute weight training workout or breaking it up into 15-minute segments that focus on different parts of the body. Check it out here.
- Physique 57 is a 57-minute barre workout that will change your life! A head to toe strengthening routine that pushes you to the limit while working your upper body, core and lower body until you just can’t take anymore. Check it out here.
Recommended by Skinny Healthy Girl: